Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Mom's Hair



Hi!


Today, I'm going to talk about the type of hair my mom has. She often claims, she doesn't have hair at all, but more like a bush! This is because my mom has a TON of hair. Her hair is also extremely thick and grows really fast. As a result, it requires her to have it cut every month, otherwise, she said it gets "out of control!" So, this means, my mom knows her hairdresser really well, in fact, they are great friends! Each time my mom pays her a visit, they give each other a hug and kiss on the cheek.


Sometimes, people tell me my mother and I have the same hair, but I disagree. Yes we both have straight brown hair, but, she has short hair, and I have long hair and to me, that means we have different hair! Do you think I'm right, just because we have different hair lengths, does that mean I don't have the same hair as my mom?


Look at the two pictures posted here, and tell me what you think. Do we have the same hair?

Vocab

Grow- becomes larger or longer

length- quality of being long

hairdresser- a female person that cuts hair

thick- dense

requires- make something necessary

visit-go to see somebody

I need to __________ my grandmother in the hospital

My hair is too long, I need to see my __________.

My teacher _________ all of her students to write in their blog.

The fog was so ___________ we couldn't see in front of us.

Everyone knows, flowers ________ in the spring!

The ____________ of a football field is 160 by 360 feet.

Grammar Point-

Adjectives are used to describe objects. There are many adjectives in this paragraph. Pick out two and write your own sentences describing your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment