Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Yesterday was Mother’s Day. It’s an annual holiday that recognizes mothers. In the United States, it is celebrated on the second Sunday in May.
This year, my siblings and I gather for dinner and dessert to celebrate our mother! It was the first time since Christmas that we were all together around the same table. My dad made filet mignon, mashed potatoes and corn! They were all of my mom’s favorite foods. Everything was delicious! For dessert, my sister, Kelly, made chocolate covered strawberries! They were yummy! However, my sister forgot to put the strawberries on waxed paper, and the chocolate stuck to the plate!
As always, my brother provided plenty of entertained with their silly jokes! It was memorable Mother’s Day!

Annual- happening once a year
Mother- female parent
Delicious - good to eat
Joke- funny story
Plenty- a large amount
Silly- foolish

Every year we have an ______ party to celebrate our achievements.
My ___________ has blue eyes, brown hair and is short, like me.
Kelly made the most ___________brownies I’ve ever had.
There was _________ of soda for each person to have two cups.
The comedian told a lot of funny ________.
We were making ______ faces for the pictures.

Grammar Point:
Nouns are often thought of as referring to persons, places, things, states, or qualities. Look for all the nouns in my passage.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds great, especially the filet mignon and strawberries! Good entry!

    ReplyDelete